GlucoBalance 60 caps
Gymnema sylvestre – leaf extract capsule
- Helps to regulate blood sugar levels
- Maintains sugar balance
- Contains Gymnema sylvestre leaf extract, which is standardised to its active ingredient gymnemic acid. One capsule contains 100 mg of gymnemic acid.
Gymnema sylvestre leaf extract, Gelatin (capsule shell, bovine), Anti-caking agent E 460, Surface finishing agent E 470b
1-2 capsules contain:
Gymnema sylvestre leaf extract 400–800 mg
containing gymnemic acid 100–200 mg
1–2 capsules per day after meals.
Free from lactose, yeast, sweeteners and gluten.
- Gymnema sylvestre, native in India, is a woody, climbing shrub, which roots, leaves and their actual active ingredients gymnemic acid and gurmarin have been used as medicinal plant in India for over 2000 years. Other ingredients found in this plant are tartaric acid, calcium oxalate, glucose, stigmasterol, betaine and choline. The plant’s Hindu name is “gurmar”, which means “sugar destroyer”.
- Gymnema sylvestre is mainly used to lower the blood sugar level and to support nutritionally the treatment of both type 1 and type 2 diabetes.
- Gymnemic acid lowers the blood sugar level and raises insulin levels in serum by stimulating betacells in the pancreas to produce and release insulin. It also restrains the amount of glucose in the liver and thus increases sensitivity to insulin.
- In addition, gymnemic acid decreases the absorption of carbohydrates in digestion. Thus one can avoid tiredness and other symptoms caused by changes in blood sugar levels.
- Human trials in volunteers show that Gymnema sylvestre does not decrease the normal sugar level or cause hypoglycaemia. The product is recommended also for those who have a high risk of having hereditary diabetes.
- Gurmarin, found in Gymnema sylvestre, numbs the taste for sweets thus decreases the desire to eat foods containing high amounts of sugar. A clinical study shows that people using Gymnema sylvestre consumed fewer sweet drinks and nutrition compared to the control group.
60 capsules / 33 g